Montreal - July 20-23 2017
Over the course of 4 days at Concordia University, at the Fantasia festival headquarters, FRONTIÈRES presents 20 FRONTIÈRES projects in development (10 European and 10 North American) which are presented to a large and diverse group of prominent industry professionals (producers, financiers, sales agents, distributors). The 20 Frontières@Fantasia projects participate in an opening pitch session to the 450 industry professionals in attendance, who then meet one-on-one with the projects via a meeting scheduling service. Other activities include a Work-in-Progress presentation, round-table networking sessions for producers without a project, panels addressing new trends in genre cinema, and networking cocktails. FRONTIÈRES delegates are also invited to attend Fantasia festival screenings with priority access to buyers, and are provided access to an online video library.
Co-produced with Marché du Film - Festival de Cannes
Project submissions now open
Deadline: March 24
TO SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT :
- Completed script
- Market premiere
- Projects must contain elements suitable for international co-production (*preference given to projects that contain both Canadian and European production elements)
- Majority producer or director with Canadian, American, or European Union citizenship
- If your project doesn’t quite meet all of the above, we still encourage you to submit – contact Vanessa Meyer for more information.
- A domestic producer should be attached, although some exceptions could be made for experienced directors looking to find a new producer.
- The market is open to both established directors and directors with successful short film experience proposing their first feature film project.
Completed submission form
Within your submission form, you will be asked to upload the following:
- Screenplay (a treatment may be submitted by experienced directors, upon approval, with a commitment to have a script ready a month before the event if selected)
- Long (2 pages) and short (200 words) synopsis
- Director’s statement
- International co-production intentions
- Basic production budget estimate
- Director, Writer and Producer bio (as applicable)
For questions or more information, please contact Vanessa Meyer, Programming Manager.
Industry registration will open May 2017