The call for projects is now CLOSED. Submissions that were received on or before December 7th will be notified of the results by December 31st, 2019.
- projects must qualify as a feature-length movie (narrative or documentary);
- projects must qualify as “genre” in nature: horror, sci-fi, fantasy, action, dark thriller;
- Submissions can originate from any territory; priority will be given to submissions from North America and Europe.
- projects must have at least 20% of their production financing confirmed, and/or an international sales agent confirmed
- projects must be seeking to close their financing and have yet to enter in to production;
- both director and lead producer must be available to attend all Forum events
- Long version of your synopsis (2 pages)
- CVs of your Director(s), Producer(s) and other key members of your team
- Director's intentions & visual strategy (max 1 page)
- Detailed budget & financing plan - Financing plan must include a breakdown of all contributions made by current financial partners, with copies of signed LOIs from these partners. You must also include an outline of potential strategies to close your financing gap.
-Marketing strategy (500 words)
-Distribution strategy (500 words)
-Look book & supporting visuals
Your documents can be submitted in French or English.
In exchange for this participation fee of 2,000 EUR Frontières will provide accommodation (2 rooms x 4 nights), meals, travel logistics to the event from Berlin to Karlskrona on February 26 (as the Forum takes place directly after the EFM), and to the Copenhagen airport on March 1. Additional travel costs getting to and from Berlin/Copenhagen will be at your own expense.
Scholarships may be available through your national film fund or Frontières. These scholarships will reimburse or cover both the participation fee and additional costs. Please contact Frontières for more information.
Further participation fee and travel logistics information will be included in the official invitation package, should your project be selected for the Forum.
Lindsay Peters, Frontières Executive Director
The 2020 Frontières Finance & Packaging Forum is presented in collaboration with the Swedish Film Institute, Nordisk Film & TV Fond, Norwegian Film Institute, and the Netherlands Film Fund. The Forum is co-organized with The Carl International Film Festival and Nordic Factory.