WHAT DOES THE FRONTIERES FORUM OFFER ?
The Frontières Finance & Packaging Forum, formerly an invitation-only event for genre projects seeking to complete their financing and advance to the production stage, has opened up and is now accepting submissions. Over the course of two days, 12 industry leaders are invited to meet with the selected projects, in a closed & collaborative environment. The programme of events consists of roundtable strategy sessions and one-on-one meetings.
International projects with a minimum of 20% and a maximum of 50% of their financing in place are invited to apply. The submission deadline is April 8th, 2022 with the event taking place in Montréal on July 22-23, 2022.
Invitation provides access to all activities including :
- Meeting and networking opportunities with project participants and a large variety of seasoned professionals from the international Genre film industry;
- Panels and round tables on the latest developments and trends in Genre film production, financing and distribution;
- A profile in the Frontières Coproduction Market booklet;
- Access to Fantasia Festival screenings and industry events.
- Projects must qualify as feature length ;
- Projects must qualify as « Genre » in nature: horror, sci-fi, fantasy, action, dark thriller ;
- Projects must be in late development/early financing ;
- Projects must have at least 20% of their production financing confirmed, and/or an international sales agent confirmed. They must be seeking to close their financing and have yet to enter into production ;
- Projects can originate from any territory, but priority will be given to submissions from North America and Europe ;
- Projects must be actively seeking a co-producer as well as a sales agent ;
- Long version of your synopsis (2 pages) ;
- Script ;
- Director and main producer’s intentions ;
- CV of your Director(s), Producer(s) and other key members of your team ;
- Detailed budget and financing plan (which must include a breakdown of all contributions made by current financial partners, with copies of signed LOIs from these partners). You must also include an outline of potential strategies to close your financing gap ;
- Marketing strategy (500 words) ;
- Distribution strategy (500 words) ;
- Look book & supporting visuals ;
- Letters of Intent from current partners.
Your documents can be submitted in French or English.
Participation Fee (in case of selection) : CAD$ 200.
Travel and accommodation costs are the responsibility of the participants. Frontières has preferential rates with certain hotels and can help you with your reservation. We will also handle the logistics of round-trip transportation between the airport and downtown Montreal.
Scholarships may be available through your national film fund. These scholarships may cover both the participation fee and the additional costs. Please contact your national film fund for more information.
Frontières is presented by the Fantasia International Film Festival, in collaboration with the Marché du Film - Festival de Cannes. The Frontières international co-production Market is made possible thanks to the support of Téléfilm Canada, SODEC, Wallimage and the Netherlands Film Fund.