Frontières is internationally established as the leading industry initiative for genre film professionals. It is organized by the Fantasia International Film Festival, with the participation of the Marché du Film - Festival de Cannes.
At Frontières, we connect genre filmmakers with industry professionals and promote co-production and collaboration between international partners. Frontières now produces two annual events: the Frontières Platform at the Marché du Film - Festival de Cannes and the Frontières International Co-Production Market which, every year, presents its Shorts to Features section. For the first time, Frontières opens a call for projects for filmmakers wishing to pitch a feature based on their short film.
Success stories coming out of Frontières include projects like TURBO KID (dir. RKSS Films, Québec-Canada/New Zealand), LES AFFAMÉS / THE RAVENOUS (dir. Robin Aubert, Québec-Canada), SLAXX (dir. Elza Kephart, Québec-Canada), RAW / GRAVE (dir. Julia Ducournau, France/Belgium) and more.
Visit this page for more information about Frontières.
WHAT DOES THE FRONTIERES COPRODUCTION MARKET OFFER ?
In 2021, the Market is set to take place entirely online. If your project is selected, you will be given access to all activities including :
- Pitch sessions from the selected projects;
- One on one mentoring with an industry expert;
- Meeting and networking opportunities with project participants and a large variety of seasoned professionals from the international Genre film industry;
- Panels and round tables on the latest developments and trends in Genre film production, financing and distribution;
- A profile in the Frontières Coproduction Market booklet;
- Short film must be a Canadian project;
- Projects must qualify as « Genre » in nature: horror, sci-fi, fantasy, action, dark thriller.
Your application can be submitted in French or English.
Submission Fee : CAD$ 90.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: JUNE 11, 2021
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.